Fire in Castleridge quickly extinguished, 2 taken to hospital with smoke inhalation

Fire crews quickly extinguished a house fire in Calgary’s northeast on Monday morning. 

The call came in around 11:30 a.m. of a fire in a home on the 100 block of Castlebrook Drive N.E. When firefighters arrived, they saw smoke coming from a second-storey window.

“Fire crews initiated a rapid interior attack and were able to locate and contain the fire to the area of origin,” reads a news release. 

“There were five occupants in the home at the time of the fire and three were able to self evacuate quickly. Two additional adults eventually self evacuated prior to arrival of fire crews and were transported to hospital suffering from minor smoke inhalation.”

Crews remain on scene to extinguish any hot spots and determine the origin of the fire. 

View original article here Source