Canada News

Get the latest new in Candada

Ottawa

150 homes affected by gas leak in Blackburn Hamlet

Ottawa Fire Services is on the scene of a gas leak in Blackburn Hamlet on Tuesday afternoon.

A social media post by Ottawa firefighters says about 150 homes in the 3000 block of Innes Road are affected and will have their gas shut off while repairs are underway.

Ottawa Fire Services is going door-to-door to let residents know if they are affected.

Enbridge Gas tells CTV News it responded to the leak at approximately 11 a.m. after an eight inch thick pipeline was damaged by an excavator.

“Currently, gas is being monitored while venting, a repair plan has been developed and gas will be off within the hour,” said Enbridge Gas spokesperson Natasha Carr in an email.

There is no word of any evacuations at this time.

This is a developing story

View original article here Source