OTTAWA — Public Health Ontario is reporting 10 new cases of COVID-19 in Ottawa on Thursday, the highest one-day increase in a week.
Across Ontario, 213 new cases of COVID-19 were reported. There are 44 new cases in Toronto, 31 cases in Peel Region and 18 in York Region.
In Ottawa, the 10 new cases on Thursday follows five new cases on Wednesday. The 10 new cases is the highest one-day case count since last Friday, when 10 new cases were reported.
Ottawa Public Health will provide the full snapshot on COVID-19 in Ottawa at approximately 12 p.m.
COVID-19 TESTING IN OTTAWA
The Ottawa COVID-19 Testing Taskforce reports 1,310 swabs were processed at assessment centres in Ottawa on Aug. 3.
A total of 2,079 lab tests were performed in Ottawa on Tuesday.
The average turnaround from the time the swab is taken at a testing site to the result is 20 hours.
CASES OF COVID-19 AROUND THE REGION
- Eastern Ontario Health Unit: Zero new cases
- Hastings Prince Edward Public Health: Four new cases
- Kingston, Frontenac, Lennox & Addington Public Health: Zero new cases
- Leeds, Grenville & Lanark District Health Unit: Zero new cases
- Renfrew County and District Health Unit: One new case
View original article here Source