OTTAWA — Public Health Ontario is reporting 64 new cases of COVID-19 in Ottawa.
It’s a drop from the more than 100 new cases reported on Friday, the highest figure locally in nine days.
Across the province, health officials reported 1,057 new cases of COVID-19 and 2,057 newly resolved infections. Public Health Ontario says 15 more Ontarians have died due to COVID-19.
A full local snapshot from Ottawa Public Health is due at around noon. Figures from OPH often differ from those provided by Public Health Ontario because the health agencies pull data for their respective daily reports at different times of the day.
COVID-19 VACCINES IN OTTAWA
Ottawa Public Health updates vaccine numbers on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays.
As of May 28:
- Ottawa residents with 1 dose (12+): 520,734
- Ottawa residents with 2 doses (12+): 46,089
- Total doses received in Ottawa: 527,650
As of Friday, 60 per cent Ottawa residents 18 and older had received at least one dose of the vaccine.
*Total doses received does not include AstraZeneca doses shipped to pharmacies and primary care clinics.
COVID-19 TESTING IN OTTAWA
The Ottawa COVID-19 Testing Taskforce reports 836 swabs were processed at assessment centres in Ottawa on May 27.
A total of 2,631 lab tests were performed in Ottawa on Wednesday.
The average turnaround from the time swab is taken at a testing site to the result is 20 hours.
The next update from the Ottawa COVID-19 Testing Taskforce is due Monday.
Public Health Ontario says 33,559 COVID-19 tests were performed across Ontario on Friday.
CASES OF COVID-19 AROUND THE REGION
- Eastern Ontario Health Unit: 11 new cases
- Hastings Prince Edward Public Health: 0 new cases
- Kingston, Frontenac, Lennox & Addington Public Health: 3 new cases
- Leeds, Grenville & Lanark District Health Unit: 2 new cases
- Renfrew County and District Health Unit: 3 new cases
- Outaouais (Gatineau and western Quebec): 34 new cases
This story will be updated. CTV News Ottawa will have the latest as it becomes available.
View original article here Source