OTTAWA — On the day Ontario set a new one-day record for COVID-19 cases, health officials reported 366 new cases of COVID-19 in Ottawa.
Across Ontario, there are 4,812 new cases of COVID-19 on Friday.
The 366 cases of COVID-19 in Ottawa on Friday follows a record-tying 370 cases on Thursday.
This is the sixth time in a week that public health officials have reported more than 300 cases of COVID-19 in Ottawa.
Ottawa Public Health will provide a full snapshot on the COVID-19 situation in Ottawa at approximately 12 p.m.
COVID-19 TESTING IN OTTAWA
The Ottawa COVID-19 Testing Taskforce reports 2,639 swabs were processed at assessment centres in Ottawa on April 14.
A total of 6,393 lab tests were performed in Ottawa on Wednesday.
The average turnaround from the time the swab is taken at a testing site to the result is 21 hours.
COVID-19 CASES ACROSS THE REGION
- Eastern Ontario Health Unit: 56 new cases
- Hastings Prince Edward Public Health: 13 new cases
- Kingston, Frontenac, Lennox & Addington Public Health: 15 new cases
- Leeds, Grenville & Lanark District Health Unit: 13 new cases
- Renfrew County and District Health Unit: Eight new cases
View original article here Source