Canada News

Get the latest new in Candada

Toronto

3 suspects charged after 45 LCBO robberies

York Regional Police have laid over 300 charges against three individuals as part of an ongoing investigation into a string of liquor store robberies across Ontario.

Police say the central suspect, a 40-year-old man, is believed to be responsible for 45 robberies at various LCBO locations across the province, including York Region.

In a media release, Const. James Dickson said the suspects allegedly stole $88,000 worth of product.

Police apprehended the 40-year-old man in a parking lot in Mississauga on March 25, along with the two other suspects: a 42-year-old woman and a 63-year-old man, both of whom are believed to be homeless.

The 40-year-old man personally faces 283 charges, including theft, breaching his release order and failure to comply with probation.

He had previously been banned from all LCBO locations in Ontario, according to York police. They say he allegedly tried to escape police by assaulting an officer and trying to drive away.

Per the release, the investigation was a joint operation with the LCBO’s resource protection unit. 

“Working collaboratively with York Regional Police has resulted in a successful conclusion to this investigation, which will help create a safer environment for our employees and customers,” said Marty Power, senior director of the resource protection unit, in the release.

Investigators believe that the suspect is believed to have robbed other retail stores in Ontario, and police are asking any additional victims to come forward.

View original article here Source