Canada News

Get the latest new in Candada


Shooting at Kennedy station injures teen boy, halts subway and bus service for nearly 3 hours

Toronto police are appealing for witnesses after a shooting at Kennedy subway station on Monday afternoon that left a teen boy injured.

Police officers from 41 Division were called to the station at 3:05 p.m. for a report of a shooting, according to Insp. Lori Kranenburg. 

Officers did not find a victim or evidence of gunfire when they arrived, but about half an hour later, a 16-year-old boy called police to say he had been shot at the station and that had made his way to a home.

Kranenburg said the boy appeared to have been grazed by a bullet on his stomach.

It doesn’t appear that he asked for help at the station or was provided any help, she added.

Toronto paramedics took the teen to hospital for treatment for non-life-threatening injuries.

Police do not know if the suspect and victim knew each other. Kranenburg said police have not determined what led up to the shooting.

Kranenburg said the shooting didn’t happen on the subway platform, but “towards the subway level.”

She said police believe the station was “quite busy” at that time of day. Police have spoken to a few witnesses already, she added.

“We believe there would have been other people present that witnessed this incident. And police would like to speak with you to get whatever information you have about what you saw today,” she said.

The incident prompted the TTC to cut Line 1 subway service between Warden and Kennedy stations and to redirect buses out of Kennedy station to Warden station for about three hours. Buses picked up riders in front of Warden station.

Line 2 subway service between Warden and Kennedy stations and Kennedy station bus service has since resumed.

The suspect is described as a male in his late teens or early 20s with average build and average height. It’s uknown which direction he headed in after the shooting.

View original article here Source