Canada News

Get the latest new in Candada


Electrical failure likely cause of fire at Winnipeg residence, officials say

On Monday, fire crews responded to a blaze that was taken under control at a residence in Winnipeg.

The Winnipeg Fire Paramedic Service (WFPS) was called to a fire at a two-storey, single-family home in the 800 block of College Avenue, on Oct. 23 at 11:12 p.m.

The fire was declared under control at 11:50 p.m., with no injuries reported. All occupants of the house were able to self-evacuate.

WFPS noted that the fire could have started accidentally, likely due to an electrical failure in an appliance.

The agency said that there are a number of ways to reduce the risk of an electrical fire, including making sure that electrical cords are not damaged, extension cords are used temporarily, and that all electrical work is done by a qualified electrician.

Story continues below advertisement

An estimate on the damages is not yet available.

Click to play video: 'Winnipeg emergency crews respond to flipped vehicle near Tinkertown Amusements'

Winnipeg emergency crews respond to flipped vehicle near Tinkertown Amusements

&© 2023 Global News, a division of Corus Entertainment Inc.

View original article here Source